To all my non-medical friends, I think I need to clear this for the sake of our friendship.
1. I am still cool, seriously I am.
2. I know I have been ignoring you and accusing studying or sleeping for it.
3. I still know how to have fun, even though these days it involves spending a few rands and cents.
Anyway back to my point, I wanted to explain why end of block (EOB) is such a big thing in my life and by extension to your life now.
A block is a period, usually 4-6 weeks, we we learn about a certain topic,eg Pathology, it a period that involves going through everything there is to know about the pathologies of the body, other than that it can involve going through coffee and cigarettes like a pedophile going through a child underwear drawer.
Now this is probably important for our future engagement, please pay more attention, when we finish a block, we have to write a test on that particular topic we were doing in those 6 weeks. You literally go through the whole textbook,yes the WHOLE textbook.
To do well in your EOB you must also master every past paper they ever asked in the last decade. You must also have consumed more that a tank of black coffee.
Yesterday I wrote my first EOB in med school, I nailed it. But thats besides the point. My point is:
1. After writing EOB, the first 22 hours I want to sleep
2. I want to eat real warm food
3. I want to do the things that remind me I am still a real human, like walking to beach, going to the township
4. Doing those whole night prayers
I hope this explains why I have been acting funny the past 8 months. I now declare my schedule open to having fun, but only until Monday. Monday I am starting a new block in Pharmacology (Pharms), Yes that means I will be learning every drug ever invented by men and gods.